I finally finished the last of my unfinished blocks that had been stored away. I think I started this Celtic pattern with appliquéd bias strips some time around 1997 or a bit later.
I like doing patterns with bias strips but they are a bit tedious, you have to be in a mood to do careful hand work and small stitches.
So now I’ve got some hand piecing templates made and ready to cut out some more sample blocks for this red scrap quilt.
I am first doing the Nosegay or Bride’s Bouquet block, and then I have some variations of the New York Beauty block to do up. I’ve always wanted to do that and someone has sent me files for the various templates.