Added Ruffle On Sewn Nightie

I made this nightie in March and it didn’t thrill me. It looked shapeless and was a bit short. I wore it for the first time yesterday and it is comfortable but when I sit down it rides up; I was constantly tugging it down.

Before cutting the second version I added some length to the pattern and I will also be adding a ruffle, so I decided to go back and add a ruffle to this first one, since it was bothering me to wear it as it was. Apart from the bonus of it covering me up properly, I think it makes it look feminine and not so shapeless to have the added ruffle.

I cut a piece of fabric 7 inches wide and after seaming and hemming it measure about an extra 5.5 inches. Perfect, I am happy I made the effort to modify it.


Kick Sew 3106, View C with a modified hem.



Explore posts in the same categories: Sewing

Tags: , , ,

You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s